Prenatal & Mama and Baby Yoga Classes
with Erin Tapia of Bella Shakti Yoga
visit Bella Shakti Yoga website for more details
Bella Shakti Yoga for Mothers: Prenatal, Postnatal, & Mama and Baby yoga classes that empower women to connect to their own inner wisdom & that of their baby throughout all phases of motherhood.
Saturday Weekly Classes:
- 9:30am-10:45am Prenatal Yoga, weekly
- Prenatal Yoga Classes are open to all Expecting Mamas: conception through birth of baby.
This class is designed for Mothers in all stages of pregnancy, whether Mamas are first time yoga attendees or advanced yoga practitioners. Each class will include centering, opportunity for community with other Mothers, warm ups, breathing techniques to calm the body and nervous system, yoga postures to stretch, strengthen, and relax the body, and class will conclude with deep relaxation followed by concentration and mediation practice to nurture inner focus and connection with baby.
Saturday Monthly Classes
- 11:00am-12:00pm Mama and Baby Yoga, monthly/semi-monthly
- Upcoming Classes:
- September 5
- September 19
- October 17
- November 21
Mama and Baby Yoga Classes are open to all Mothers with their Baby (or Babies for those with multiples!) newborn through crawling age.
This class is designed for postpartum Mothers with their babies, whether Mamas are first time yoga attendees or advanced yoga practitioners. Babies and Mamas may return to class after birth as soon as they are feeling ready to rejoin class with baby earthside (typically 4-6 weeks); all postures may be modified to accommodate postpartum needs. This is a loving and sweet class designed to stretch and strengthen Mama's body, bring about gentle and peaceful connection between mother and child, create a community of Mothers, and provide a blueprint for taking yoga off the mat and into everyday life throughout motherhood.
Prenatal Classes are for all Expecting Mamas: conception through birth of baby
Mama and Baby Yoga Classes are for all Mamas with their Baby (Babies!): 4-8 weeks through crawling and beyond.
Payment may be made for Prenatal & Mama and Baby yoga classes directly with Erin, either in person at class, or via her Bella Shakti Yoga online store.
(Online store link: https://squareup.com/market/bella-shakti-yoga-for-mothers)
Those students who are already Dharma Yoga Syracuse members may use their 5-class or 10-class packages (no unlimited packages, please) towards Prenatal & Mama and Baby classes, too.
Prenatal and Postnatal yoga classes help Mothers celebrate their strength, beauty, and power throughout the phases of their pregnancy, birth, and transition to Motherhood.
Classes include centering, yoga postures, pranayama (breathing practices), meditation, and a supportive environment for Mothers to connect with community, ask questions, and share with other Mothers.
Prenatal Yoga Benefits:
- creating connection with Baby
- meeting and creating community with other Mothers
- physically and mentally preparing for birthing
- developing stamina and strength
- improving balance
- relieving pregnancy discomforts
- increasing circulation
- taking time to nurture yourself
- stress-reduction and relaxation
Postnatal Yoga Benefits:
- connection with Baby
- meeting and community with other Mothers in a completely safe, judgement-free, and welcoming space
- nurturing yourself and your baby
- strengthening abdominal, back, and pelvic floor muscles
- increasing energy and sharpening the mind
- improving posture and balance
- providing fun stimulation for Baby and Mama
Students can register for Prenatal & Mama and Baby Yoga at her site here: https://squareup.com/market/bella-shakti-yoga-for-mothers
Read more about Erin at her website, Bella Shakti Yoga