From Saraswati | Start Healthy & New
Singing Bowls | Raw Thai Curry Soup Recipe
We thank you for being a BIG part of Dharma Yoga Syracuse family. This has been a great year of growth and change. A recap of this year:
- We expanded! We now have three yoga class rooms and have 4,900 sq ft of beautiful, sacred space for you to deepen your yoga practice and much more!
- We opened Blooming Lotus Healing Center: Meaghan Mackenzie, Deirdre Smith, Courtney Kain and I are grateful for the opportunity to serve you with wonderful healing modalities
- Our 3rd annual Iceland Lunar Yoga Retreat and saw the amazing Aurora almost every night!
- We are now a Crystal Tones Distributor and a Sound Temple. Enjoy the singing bowls you sometimes here in shavasana? We now offer a free Bowl Bath every Saturday @11:30. Bring a friend for some deep relaxation and sound healing. We will also have Super Bowl events every season, not just on solstice, with our in-house Bowl Band.
- Our second annual Life of A Yogi Teacher Training program and third annual visit from the Master himself Sri Dharma Mittra. We would like to congratulate all our amazing trainees.
- Wonderful beautiful presenters: Sri Dharma Mittra, Rebecca Kovacs, Bhagavan Das, and Paradiso & Rasamayi, to name a few.
- We look forward to serving you in 2015 and enjoying our time together in this amazing community. You rock!
Be Well & Happy,
Start Healthy & New
Here are some simple Yogic Health tips that many of us follow at Dharma Yoga Syracuse
1. HYDRATE. Drink warm lemon water upon rising to stimulate digestion, cleanse the stomach, hydrate, and boost the metabolism.
2. YOGA. The yoga postures and Pranayama (breathing practices) are to be practiced daily to maintain a healthy physical body and a balanced mind.
3. GREEN. We alkalize first thing by drinking a green juice or green smoothie for breakfast. You will have more balanced blood sugar through out the day, make better choices, limit cravings and alkalize the body first thing.
4. SATSANG. Satsang is a gathering of the Holy. You are who you hang with. So keep it high Vibe and Simple. We also offer weekly Satsangs here at the center.
5. COMMUNE. It is winter here in CNY but that doesn't mean you need to hibernate! Commune with Mother Nature; you will be grateful.
6. SHARE. Share what you love with others. Give the Gift of Yoga or more importantly, your presence. Put down the phone and make contact.
RAW Thai Curry Soup
If you have 2 young coconut then you use both the water and "meat".
If you just have 1 young coconut you can use:
- 1 young coconut, water + "meat"
- 1-2 c water
Then add to the blender:
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 1/2 Tsp curry powder
- 1 Tsp celtic sea salt
- 1 whole lime, without the peel
- Pinch cayenne
Vegetables (separate from the blender)
- 2 carrots; julienned
- 1 avocado; peeled and cut into cubes
- Handful snow peas; thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper; cut into cubes
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- Toss all ingredients into a bowl
Blend the first set of ingredients until smooth, then pour the resulting soup into bowls. Top the soup with handful of the tossed vegetables.